What is a refrigerator water filter? Its used in your refrigerator to filter the chemicals and other debris that could make its way into your ice or cold water.
The filter is easy to change in your refrigerator so there is really no excuse!
But which are the best ones? The best ones will filter lead and mercury and the nasty chlorine. Below is a list of five of the best refrigerator water filters.
- GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter – GE are quite expensive, but they are the best. This is the OEM cartridge that comes with the GE refrigerator so you know that it is definitely going to work. There are other, aftermarket, unbranded refrigerator filters….But if you want the best, pay a little bit more and get a GE!
- Frigidaire ULTRAWF Compatible Water Filter – The Frigidaire is easy to install and slots straight. Great quality aftermarket filter that is almost as identical as the branded one that comes with the refrigerator.
- More Pure Filters Water Filter, Compatible with Maytag UKF8001 – Just like the Maytag pure brand, except more efficient at removing the chlorine taste. Its easy to fit and the water comes out pure and crisp and the water flow doesn’t seem effected by the filter.
- 3-Pack of LG Refrigerator Water Filters – Prides itself on filtering out 99.9% of contaminants. LG sell these aftermarket filters for their own brand of fridge and freezers.
- 3 Pack refrigerator water filter Replace – If you don’t want a big brand filter then this may be the solution for you. These filters replace the ones installed in Maytag, Amana, Kenmore, Jenn-Air, Whirlpool, Kitchenaid….The list goes on.
Once you choose the filter you need, you should check that it is a good replacement for the existing one. Not all filters fit in all refrigerators.
Then get it replaced ASAP!